Diamond solitaire rings are no doubt considered one of the classic and highly popular jewelry pieces of its kind. It has a certain charm and magic to it. In fact, it is up until now the most famous choice when it comes to engagement rings. However it is important to remember that they too can be bought personally or as a present that is not necessarily for purposes of union and marriage. It can be for a birthday, an anniversary or any other special occasion. A diamond solitaire ring is basically characterized by a solitary stone set unto a precious metal oftentimes in gold, platinum or silver. Some have small stones while others boast of huge ones. As is the case mostly, the quality is determined by the 4 Cs of Diamond that stand for clarity (the presence or absence of blemishes internal or external to the diamond), color (diamonds can also come in other hues like yellow, pink, brown and blue), carat weight, the mass or heaviness of the stone itself, and cut which refers to the many facets that help the diamond sparkle and shine. Like all the other gemstones and jewelries, the said diamond solitaire rings have their own set of meanings and symbolisms, Diamond experts shares with us the following:
- They symbolize faithfulness and love which makes them a popular gift for engagements, marriages and other occasions involving couples. Additionally, a solitaire stone is meant to represent “one” meaning that the giver vows to love and treat the other as his one and only.
- Because of their excellent crystal clarity they are also bound to symbolize purity and innocence as well as honesty, faith and trustworthiness. Again this makes them the perfect choice for couples because the above traits are needed in order to strengthen ties and relationships.
- Additionally, they are believed to spark creativity, innovativeness and inventiveness in individuals. This is highly attributed to their sparkle and calming soothing effect.
- Because they are the hardest and strongest of all the precious stones that only a diamond can scratch another and they are impermeable to fire, they signify power, strength as well as never ending beauty.
- For the Romans diamonds were splinters of fallen stars while for the Greeks they were tears of the gods from Olympus.
- Also, they were regarded as a healing stone during the ancient times and were believed to help detoxify anyone poisoned and allow extreme emotions to settle and calm down.
Diamond solitaire rings can in fact bear different symbolisms and meanings to people but if you are gifting one then they are bound to mean love.